A Nationwide Event this August!
- First nationwide event designed specifically to celebrate the shooting sports while boosting the connections between today’s shooters and the firearms retailers and range owners in their areas
- Nearly 200 range and retail businesses across the country hosted 345 events and promotions in the programs inaugural year
- The SHOOTINGSPORTSMONTH.ORG website had nearly 61,000-page views during August.
- Nearly 200 media outlets picked up the story, with an estimated outreach of more than 17,000,000 readers.
- 230 news articles published in August mentioned or promoted National Shooting Sports Month.
- More than 8 million people were reached through NSSF’s email campaign that spread the word about events, sweepstakes and more, keeping momentum for the shooting sports going throughout the entire month.
- More than 3 million people were reached through social media, with nearly 40,000 direct engagements
Goals for 2018:
- 500 range/retailer hosting events/promotions
- 50 First Shots events
- 100,000 unique visitors to the Shooting Sports Month site
- 50 Companies/Organizations serving as sponsors and partners
- 10000 sweepstakes participants
- Attract at least 5000 people new to the shooting sports
- Reactivate at least 5000 lapsed participants
- Social Media Campaign generation = 5 Million impressions, 50,000 engagements and 20,000 post clicks